- Promote innovation and technology education, integrate STEAM experiential learning
- Unleash creativity through live competitions and build a growth mindset that dares to challenge
- Explore the latest Art technology and always strive for self improvement
- Educate students about careers in digital art and industries related to Art technology
- Primary Schools : Full time Hong Kong primary school P.4 – P.6 students (2022-2023 academic year)
- Secondary Schools : Full time Hong Kong secondary school F.1 – F.6 students (2022-2023 academic year)
FINAL Battle Date : July 12, 2023 (Wednesday)
Battle Time : 2PM - 6PM
Hong Kong Science and Technology Park (HKSTP) Robotics Catalysing Centre (RCC)
All primary and secondary school students in Hong Kong are welcome to apply. Each nominator (teacher / school representative) can nominate up to 4 students per category to participate in the selection. Shortlisted candidates / corresponding nominators will receive individual notifications to advance to the Quarterfinals. Each shortlisted candidate / corresponding nominator will receive a notification if they are selected to advance to the Quarterfinals. If you do not receive the notification prior to July 5, 2023, it implies that the candidates are not advanced to the Quarterfinals.
- May 2, 2023 - Application begins, open for nominations
- May 8 & 15, 2023 - Zoom Webinars
- Jun 2, 2023 (18:00) - Application Deadline
- Jun 26, 2023 -【Primary Schools】Online Workshop & Preliminary Round
- Jun 27, 2023 -【Secondary Schools】Online Workshop & Preliminary Round
- Jun 30, 2023 - Release Shortlisted Quarterfinalists
- Jul 7, 2023 - Quarterfinals Online Battles
- Jul 12, 2023 -【Primary Schools】&【Secondary Schools】FINALS and Award Ceremony
Application Deadline: Jun 2, 2023 (6:00PM)
How To Apply :
- Nomination Form submitted after 6PM on Jun 2, 2023 will not be accepted.
- Once the candidates of the quarterfinals are confirmed, no change of name, conversion or exchange of candidates will be allowed.
- Zoom webinars for all interested parties will be held on May 8 & 15, 2023 4:00-5:00 PM. Please contact us at 5981 3802 or email to email@example.com for registration.
Game Rules :
Random topics composed of one adjective and one noun will be released right before the battle and each contestant will have to express their given topic in 20 minutes with digital drawing tools. The same rules will be applied to all matches. Multiple judges will present for the scoring and contestants who receive higher scores will proceed to the next round.
- Digital Drawing Tablet, e.g. IPad, Xencelabs or any other tablet
- Digital Drawing Software, e.g. Procreate, ibisPaint X, Photoshop, Clip Studio Paint or any other software
- Video Conferencing App “Zoom”
Judging Criteria :
Our professional judging panel is composed of committee members of ARTBAT Academy and Hong Kong artist team. The judging criteria are as follows:
- Idea and Creativity (25%)
- Composition (15%)
- Technique and Colour (15%)
- Completeness (15%)
- Artistic Style (20%)
- Storytelling (10%)